Thursday 20 June 2013

Inside My Sketchbook

This sketchbook was for my project "Vanity" which started out with Dante's "Inferno" and the Seven Deadly Sins. I later moved to making a puppet representing vanity which acts as a parasite on the sinner, creating a negative influence. The design was to reflect the nature of the sin, and vanity focused on the warped perspective of perceived beauty. This project is quite old and if I were to revisit I would like to rework the puppet design as well as focus on other 'sins'. However I thought it might be interesting to revisit old sketchbooks and reveal a bit of the process of my design. These are some inspirational images the first from Dali's imaginings of Dante's work and the second focusing on the colour palette of medieval paintings particularly Bosch's work (Garden of Earthly Delights).

-these are quite old so the image sources are unknown. 

To view the finished project, "Vanity", go here..

No comments:

Post a Comment